Thursday, January 31, 2008

Polyglot

I went to a polyglot meeting last night. Polyglot is a group/website where you can meet people who speak languages. Ideally, meet people who speak the language you want to learn and who want to learn the language you speak. Every Tuesday evening there's a meeting for polyglots at Snax Kfé, and it seems quite popular. I spent most of the evening speaking French and English, but I had a short conversation in Polish and also said one of my only sentences of Mandarin Chinese. And no, it wasn't *that* sentence.
I had fun, and the chance to practice my French was great too, so I'll definitely return, and I hope to become a regular.
I was introduced to this website/group by an Irish colleague who has been going to the functions for a while now, and has met a few friends there, some of whom where at her birthday evening (not party) on Saturday night.

No comments: