Tuesday, January 22, 2008

J'aime bien le son d'AC

I like the sound of AC.

I have had many AC's recently. I haven't actually compared with other teachers to see if my number is normal or if I just have de la chance. For those not in the know, AC stands for Annulé Compté (cancelled and counts) which means that I don't have a class because the student/s has/have cancelled, but they didn't give enough notice so the school still charges for the lesson, and I'm still paid. They're much better than ANC (Annulé non compté) which results in me not getting paid. They're more common for individual lessons, of course, as in group lessons it's more likely that at least one or two of them will be able to make it.

I have a 2-hour AC this afternoon, which is nice. I have a 2-hour block of sitting at home, while still getting paid.

My best AC was on the 26th of September, when I had a 6-hour individual lesson cancelled.

I like being paid to do nothing.

No comments: