Thursday, January 17, 2008

Work Today

I have three classes today. All three of them are individual lessons, and the second one has been cancelled. The student cancelled yesterday, which means that she didn't give enough notice to the school, so I still get paid for it, which is nice. I like getting paid for not working. My best instance of this was when I had a 6-hour class cancelled, back on the 26th of September.
Anyway, the first two lessons of the day take place in a town/suburb called St. Denis, which isn't a very nice area, to put it mildly, and it's annoying to get there. It takes about 30mins to get there and back, so it hardly seems worth it now for just 1 hours of lessons (usually the lessons are at least 90mins, but the lessons are ordered/bought in blocks of hours, so sometimes you have a 1-hour class at the end of a student's block of hours). I have to remember that I'll be paid for 2.5 hours, while only teaching for 1 hour out there, so I'll get home much earlier.
The third class for today is not far from Etoile, so it's fairly easy to find.

No comments: