Monday, March 09, 2009

Phone questions...

Ok, so I've had my Nokia E66 for just over a week now, and I'm starting to notice things that I'd like to change. Firstly, I have the Australian version of the phone and, unlike my old Sony Ericsson, it doesn't have a French T9 dictionary (my Sony had English, French, German, Italian, Turkish, Arabic, and Hungarian, I think). I would like to be able to switch between English and French T9 dictionaries when I type sms messages, and emails/messenger conversations online. I don't want to lose the English T9, of course, so I'd like to somehow install a French one alongside it.

Secondly, I've installed fring so that I can easily use msn, skype and google talk easily on the phone when connected to the net. Does anyone know if it's possible to copy a link and open it in a phone browser window? and if so, how do you do it?

That's it for now... I'll add more questions as I discover things that I can't do.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is possible to change the languages on the smarter Nokia phones - you need the Nokia Software Updater program and something called NSS. Details here: http://www.intomobile.com/2006/11/09/nokia-n73-update-ready.html/comment-page-1/
The only tricky bit is finding out the right product code to give you the languages you want on your particular phone.

Rafik said...

Hello,
Pour le copier coller, tu peux utiliser le bouton avec un petit crayon dessus : quand tu restes appuyer et que tu utilises les flèches droite/gauche, tu sélectionnes le texte et ensuite tu fais ton copier coller. Par contre pour que ça marche il faut que tu sois dans une zone de texte éditable (pas sûr que ça soit le cas dans fring).
Voilà !
see you
Rafik

Sean said...

Merci Rafik, mais je pense que c'est un truc de fring. Aussi, mon portable n'a pas un bouton avec un petit crayon dessus, mais j'ai trouvé le copier coller dans le menu "options".