Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I've got more pus than you

I'm sick. It's official because I went to the doctor and then had a prescription filled. In fact, I'm just after going to the doctor now. I had somehow picked up a throat virus, which apparently weakened my throat and allowed some bacteria to take hold and now I have a bacterial infection. The doctor was amazed by how swollen my glands were and by how much pus there was on my tonsils.

I have some medicine to deal with this situation now, which is a bonus, as it hurts to talk, swallow and respire, which are pretty much all the functions that a throat performs.

2 comments:

Rafik said...

Just FYI : 3 year ago, same symptoms, same diagnosis but finaly the doctor was wrong : it was not bacteries. It was a mononucleosis and the first medecines I got made me even more sick...
Take care ! and don't try to breath or eat if it hurts :p

Sean said...

When I read your comment, I was concerned that I probably had mono too, but I think my diagnosis was correct this time. I just had some bad luck with the antibiotics.