Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Start off with some advice

If you plan to post a large amount of stuff, in a large carboard box, it's a very good idea to seal the bottom of the box before putting the stuff that you want to post into the box. In my defence, I wasn't sure that everything would fit, so I was testing it out first before I applied the masking tape. Once everything was neatly inside, I didn't want to remove it, which made taping up the bottom rather difficult, as it required ending the contact between the floor and the bottom of the unsealed box. I managed, and it didn't end up like some slapstick comedy with me lifting the box quickly, allowing everything to escape through the bottom, creating some sort of horrid wreckage with, possibly, a wheel or tyre rolling away into the distance. But none of that happened. I very carefully manhandled my box and I believe I have applied a sufficient amount of tape to maintain this position until the post eventually delivers the carton to me in Australia.

In other news, the bag that I want to take on the plane as cabin luggage is approximately 55x38x23cm and the limit is 55x40x20cm. I think it'll be allowed, sa long as I don't fill it too much, as it's a flexible bag. I hope the ruler I printed is accurate, as I didn't have a ruler, so I downloaded one off the internet and printed it out. I looks pretty good, and I actually suspect that its centimetres err on the side of caution if anything, which is promising for my cabin bag.

No comments: