Monday, February 23, 2009

J'ai envie d'un nouveau portable.

My current one is getting old and the battery has seen better days.

Right now, I'm leaning towards the Nokia E66 or perhaps the Nokia 6210 Navigator. I'd like an N85* but I don't really want to spend that much on a phone. I want a phone with GPS, and I'd like one with wifi. I looked at the E71, but I don't really want or need a PDA, and I think the keyboard would be a bit annoying, not to mention small and fiddly.
Do any of my faithful readers have an opinion?
I can't get an iphone because Apple is annoying and I have an allergy to Apple products.

* The N96 looks good too, but I've read some bad reviews about it, especially considering the battery life.

2 comments:

Rafik said...

1st N96 : the best handset of your list but the battery life isn't great. If you charge it every night, you should be fine.

2nd N85 : great music, photo and video experiences. A very good choice

E66 : a good product but I hate the news design of the icons and the menu, it's really ugly...

All these handsets comes with Nokia Maps (GPS software), you should keep in mind that you only have a one year licence for the navigation. After that, you'll have to buy an extra licence to keep the navigation. otherwise, if you don't plan to use the GPS in a car, you'll be OK without it, you'll still have the basic features (positionning, find adresses, points of interest...)

6210 nav comes with route 66 (not nokia maps) and an unlimited navigation licence but it's not the best choice if you are a heavy user of music & photos...

I hope it's clear :)
Rafik
PS: I think you should consult an alergist for your Apple products issue... :D

Sean said...

Thanks for the advice Rafik.
I have decided to get the E66, in spite of the uglier icons and menus, as it was the best option within my budget.