Thursday, February 12, 2009

Bon voyage, mon colis!

I went to the post office today, finished applying a huge amount of tape to my cardboard box, and handed my box over to La Poste, along with 149.20euro, in order to have it transported from Paris to Brisbane. Apparently it might take up to three weeks. I won't hold my breath. I posted a 13kg package from Poland when I left there, and they told me that it would take about 1 month to arrive in Brisbane. I posted it at the end of February and received it in late June. With any luck, La Poste will be a little more efficient. The package I posted today was a little heavier than the 15kg I expected it be, weighing in at 22.48kg. My arms were certainly sore after carrying it from my apartment to the post office, which is fairly close, thankfully. I also discovered that, at 50cm x 50cm x 50cm, my cube is the largest box that La Poste will accept (the regulations state that the sum of the three dimensions must not exceed 150cm).

No comments: