Thursday, June 17, 2010

Yesterday's coffee

I forgot to post about yesterday's coffee. I obtained a flat white from the usual place and its level of foam was closer to that of a latte than a flat white. I'm beginning to think that the real difference is between different baristas rather than between the actual coffee.
I has been suggested to me that I alter the experimental procedure slightly in order to test this subtheory. If the opportunity arises that I go with another person to this coffee place, then one of us should order a flat white and the other a latte, as this would give us a good chance to compare the work provided by one barista.
I had thought of this method before, but I rarely go there with another person. Usually I visit on my way in from the bus, and I don't wish to buy 2 cups of coffee at once when alone.

No comments: