Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Australia Day

Happy Australia Day* to those in Australia, it's a public holiday so definitely worth observing.
I'm not celebrating in the traditional way, as I don't have a radio up here, aside from in the car or my mp3 player, so I can't listen to Triple J's hottest 100.

In other news, I was bitten by a bull ant yesterday. It was an unprovoked attack and, I suspect, not premeditated. The ant was such a bully. I say 'was' because the ant is definitely an insect of the past.

* I know it is also known as Invasion Day, but it seems odd to wish people a happy one of those. The two words, happy and invasion, seem a bit incongruous together.

1 comment:

Kat said...

Someone told me that it's called 'survival day' these days, although that is unsubstatiated (I haven't googled it yet). Still, 'Happy Survival Day' sounds bearable...
And did you ever notice that your 'about me' section still says you're in paris?