Friday, November 06, 2009

2nd time round isn't as good

I bought a souvlaki on Wednesday at uni, from the souvlaki shop in the newly-renovated main refec. It looks pretty spiffy actually (the new refec, not just the souvlaki shop). The souvlaki I chose was lamb and haloumi, which sounded like a nice combination, and which was a tasty combination. I enjoyed eating it. Later that afternoon, after I'd well and truly finished lunch, my body, and in particular my stomach, felt a bit off, so I made my way to the room with the plumbing facilities and proceeded to encounter the souvlaki again, which had decided to do a u-turn in my stomach and leap out again through my mouth. I'm not sure if the food itself was to blame, or if I was sick due to other factors (two of the people I live with had similar experiences just a few days prior, with completely different food), but I now feel a bit adverse to purchasing lunch again from the souvlaki shop.
For those wondering, the souvlaki looked significantly different on the way up to how it looked on the way down, but I was sure it was the same souvlaki because I hadn't eaten anything else in the meantime. It didn't taste as good the second time around either, so I doubt the accuracy of a description of bulemia I read recently; Bulemia: Twice the taste, none of the calories.
I don't think it's quite 'twice' the taste. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that the second time round, the taste is actually rather unpleasant regardless of what the taste was like on the first pass.

No comments: