Thursday, August 13, 2009

Key saga

I am currently with car (avec voiture) because my brother is on a job where his company provides him with a car (he has to drive to somewhere near Dalby), and therefore doesn't need his own car during this time. This is wonderfully convenient for me - especially when travelling home from uni.
Anyway, this car only has one key associated with it because long long ago the other key (the master) was lost, rendering us with only the spare key. When I got home from uni today, I cleverly locked the car with the key still in the ignition, but switched off (I wasn't locked out of home because I have my house keys on a separate keyring). I only discovered this problem when I went to go out again in order to purchase more milk, and after a search of the house to find the key went to check the car. Luckily, the car is in RACQ, so I called them for help, and after being told that it would be up to an hour's wait, the RACQ guy turned up after just 20mins, and opened the door for me in just 1 minute.
I think we really need to get a spare cut, as this would be rather inconvenient if it happened when running late or something.

In other news, my fingers smell like garlic. I'm guessing that this has less to do with the key saga than the fact that I've also cooked dinner, and that involved crushing garlic.

No comments: