Monday, August 17, 2009

C'est la fin d'hiver

Winter's coming to a close here. There are many signs that point to this; the Ekka's over, it's warm enough at uni to wear tshirts (though it gets a bit chilly in the evenings and early mornings), I don't feel the need to turn my room heater on when I get dressed in the morning, and it's still light when I give the dogs their chicken wings for dinner (which happens at about 5:30pm, and it used to be dark then).

On an unrelated note, my sandshoes contain sand. I think this should be attributed to the fact that I wore them at the beach last Wednesday and not because they have the word "sand" in their name, though I guess the latter is a possible reason - one data point is not enough to claim a general trend or causal relationship either way.

No comments: