Thursday, March 13, 2008

I do real work most days

Tomorrow I have a 6-hour observation scheduled into my timetable. Nothing else planned for the day at all. This observation essentially involves me watching another teacher for 6 hours. And getting paid for it. The block is actually three 2-hour classes and I need to be there for each one, so I get paid for the full 6 hours. I'm going to be taking over his classes on Thursdays and the client is one who the school is worried about pissing off, so they figure if the students have both of us for their lessons this week, it won't be as much of a shock to their system when I turn up next week. I'm taking over this teacher's Thursday classes because he's ditching Paris and returning to England. He's a teacher I get on well with too, which is good for the observation, but a shame in the sense that he's heading back across the chunnel. There are a few other teachers at the school who I wouldn't mind seeing the back of. One in particular, who is a complete bitch. I'm not the only person who feels this way about her, but she, unfortunately, isn't showing any signs of packing up and heading off in the near future.

No comments: