Sunday, September 10, 2006

A post

Lizard reminded me that I have been somewhat lax in posting of late, so here's a post. Just to make Lizard happy.

Well, I went to Dreamworld yesterday with Aggie. It was fantastic. I'd go more often if not for the horrible entry fee (though we did come to the conclusion that it's still better value than the Ekka). The Giant Drop, The Claw and the Wipeout were all great rides. The Log ride was good, as usual, though it left Aggie and I a little wetter than just "splashed". We were drenched. Luckily we had a change of clothes (due to a tentative plan to swim there). The rollercoaster was a bit anticlimatic. In fact, the most enjoyable part of the rollercoaster was before we rode, when we were treated to the sight of Dreamworld's 'vomit cleanup' department. A girl on the run before us had apparently decided that it would be a good time to unload the contents of her stomach, so we had to wait for the vomit to be removed from the ride before going through loops and things.

Last night, I went with Aggie and Sylwia to Gregor and Sabine's going away/farewell party. They are going to embark on a three-week trek of outback Australia (including Uluru) before returning to Brisbane for approximately 10 days and then returning to Germany. I hadn't seen either of them for a few months, so it was nice to catch up with them, but sad that they will leave soon. They've been in Brisbane for so long now that it's like they're part of the furniture.

Well, aside from that, I can't remember anything else of note that I have done lately, at least nothing worth blogging about.

No comments: