Sunday, September 24, 2006

Jem Owsianka

Yes, that's right, jem owsianka. It's tasty because of my belief that a good bowl should contain equal parts owsianka and złoty syrop*.

In other news, my dog is attempting to stage a coup in this house to gain control over said bowl of owsianka. She doesn't have the support of the military so I suspect her coup will not be as successful as the recent one in Thailand.

On Friday night I attended Rowan and Klaus' 'Post Painting Piss-up Party', which involved dinner, alcohol and lots of music, as well as some music videos, including many 80's hits and a few ABBA tunes. It was fun. Boy George made a cameo appearance (in person) but didn't stay long because of his chauffer's** timetable. This evening served to add further support to my theory that everyone likes ABBA.

Last night I had dinner with Angie (briefly) and Michael. Michael and I then watched Eric the Viking, which I hadn't seen in such a long time that I'd forgotten it almost completely. It's still amusing and still weird. There was a program on late last night called "When Sex Goes Wrong" and so due to the title, we were forced to watch it. It was funny, scary and had a few painful-due-to-empathy moments. I was surprised that so many people were willing to discuss their embarrassing moments/problems on a televised show when they often mentioned that they would never tell their friends and would be terribly embarrassed if their friends ever found out.

I went shopping today to purchase a birthday present for my brother (because of his impending birthday). I was unable to find anything suitable so I was forced to purchase a book and a dvd so that I didn't return home empty-handed.

* It's nothing terribly exotic, "jem" = "I'm eating", "owsianka" = "porridge" and "złoty syrop" = "golden syrup". Well, unless you're of the opinion that "Scottish" is exotic.
** train

No comments: