Friday, September 15, 2006

Absence of Emails and Pancakes.

I had a rather large amount of time between chances to check my email accounts recently. Specifically, from about 10pm on Wednesday night to 7am on Friday morning. This morning (being Friday), when I checked my email, I expected to download a substantial number of new messages. I was wrong. In that eon, just one person saw fit to throw some electrons in the form of an electronical mail message in my direction (incidentally, it was Clair). Where is everyone else? What happened to all of you?

In other news, my class made pancakes today. The reference to pancakes in the title of this post doesn't refer to a lack of them, but more an abundance (the lack refers solely to the emails). Every fourth Friday at school we have a graduation ceremony for all the students finishing in that particular week (though there are students finishing in every week). For this event, one class provides some food for the rest of the student body, usually a barbeque, but this week it was provided by my class, pre-intermediate 2. It was decided that this week, instead of a regular bbq, which gets a bit repetitive, we should put on a devonshire tea. Unlike most devonshire teas, we did it without the tea and scones, but with pancakes/pikelets. So it wasn't really a devonshire tea at all. We made regular and chocolate pancakes, with jam, whipped cream, syrup and caramel sauce as optional extras. The pancakes turned out really well, cooked on a barbeque due to the absence of other substantial cooking facilities at the school (we have a frying pan, barbeque and microwaves). The pancakes were all consumed, but there was quite a large amount of whipped cream left over, which I have brought home (about 2L), so I might have to eat a bowl or two of whipped cream for breakfast.

No comments: