Thursday, June 29, 2006

My word I've been busy!

Well, I haven't posted for a while because I simply haven't found my round tuit yet.

Last weekend I went to Noosa/Sunrise Beach with Aggie and Sylwia. We spent Saturday shopping in Hastings St and Saturday night playing Monopoly, eating stuff and drinking other stuff. Aggie won. On Sunday we went 4wding on the Noosa North Shore, up past the Cherry Venture wreck and cut through to Rainbow Beach. I enjoyed the beach driving and now I long for a vehicle that would enable me to do it more often. I think the Terios would be fine for most of it, but I haven't given it a trial yet, as I'm a bit concerned about the lack of low-range and the tiny engine.
The following photos show the wreck of the Cherry Venture (it was a boat), a real 4WD (Aggie and Simon's) and Aggie & Sylwia, wearing their pretty hats, in front of the hot dog stand next to the Cherry Venture from where I'll never purchase a hot dog again. Mine was ick and Aggie's was still partially frozen.



The next photo shows the three of us standing behind the car, with Noosa's main beach in the background. We are all squinting into the extremely bright sun, which should explain our facial expressions.


Last night I went to La Kasbah with Kat, Nat, Amanda, Ro and Klaus for Kat's going-away dinner. The food was good, although I didn't really love my meal, but my dessert was fantastic. I had Crepes Algeriennes, which were semolina crepes served with ice-cream and cream, in a delicious sauce made of honey, caramel and extra sugar. The sauce was extremely sweet, and therefore delicious. My meal was a Pyramid of Goat, according to the receipt, but a Pyramid of Goats' Cheese and Smoked Salmon according to the menu. It sounds like it should have been great, but there were too many other things in there, all fighting for attention. I definitely want to go back there one day, as other meals looked really good too.

2 comments:

Slartibartfast said...

La Kasbah sounds very interesting. I'm sorry I was double-booked and could not join the gang in farewelling Kat

Anonymous said...

This page is fantastic, what you show us is very interesting and important, do you want to see something more? Look: Great investment opportunity in Costa Rica: jaco beach hotel club, best western jaco beach costa rica, jaco beach nightlife. Visit us for more information at: http://www.jaco-bay.com/