Friday, June 02, 2006

Pink Flamingos

I went to see Pink Flamingos last night at The Globe. It is definitely the sort of movie that you should see once. It's billed as the most vile, filthiest film ever produced and I believe that to be true. I'm glad that I've now seen it, and I don't regret seeing it, but I don't think I'll rush back to watch it again anytime soon. I think the quote on The Globe's website typifies the film quite well: "We don't just dare you to see it... We dare you not to walk out!!!"

There were parts of the movie that were hilarious, other parts that were disgusting and parts that were boring. The acting was terrible, but that was expected. The term "arseholism" is something that I feel should enter my vocabulary.

The Globe smells like the 70's which was a nice touch for viewing a film from that decade, though I think it wasn't intentional.

One of the upcoming films is called 'Cat-women of the Moon' and the website's quote this time is: "You've never seen anything like it... and you'll never want to see anything like it again!"

No comments: