Thursday, July 21, 2005

Plumbing issues

There are times when it's advantageous to live on the bottom floor of an apartment building and times when it's better to be on the top floor. I currently live on the bottom floor. The good point about this level is that I have less stairs to climb when I come home carrying things such as groceries etc. I actually can't think of another bonus about living on the bottom floor, so feel free to let me know if there are some that I have overlooked.
Times when it's better to live on the top floor of a building include the odd occasion when one's neighbours decide to do strange things involving water and plumbing. I have no idea what they did, but somehow they made my bath fill up the wrong way and my toilet overflow. Great. Just what I wanted at 10pm, especially after only getting about 5 hours of sleep last night. I have already cleaned my bathroom floor once tonight, and I don't feel like doing it again. Things seemed back to normal until I decided to try and experimental 'full flush' to check that my toilet is once again usable. It seems to work, as long as I don't mind about a third of the flush coming up through my bath before disappearing, slowly, down that plughole. There are also some intermittent gurgling noises emanating from the pipes.

Basically, this means that I'm a little wary about going to bed in case my apartment has another incident, and I can't really use my own toilet. Great. Just fantastic.

No comments: