Thursday, July 14, 2005

Door-to-door egg saleswoman

About a week or two ago there came a tapping, a tapping at my apartment door. It wasn't a raven, and it actually wasn't a tapping, it was more of a buzzing due to the presence of my doorbell. Anyway, I opened the door to discover a woman standing there holding a large tray filled with eggs. She was the door-to-door egg saleswoman. I've never heard of this concept before, and it was the first (and so far only) time that I have encountered such a character. I found the situation quite strange. I had about 4 eggs in my refrigerator at the time so I didn't need to purchase any emergency egg supplies from this person, but now I find myself with a fridge completely devoid of eggs, and I have a need of some pre-chickens today. Add to this the fact that it's cold and wet outside, causing a strong desire to remain indoors, and you end up with a need for the door-to-door egg salesperson.

Alas, I feel I shall have to make the arduous trek to the local seller of foodstuffs.

Myślem że deszcz nie pada teraz. Idę.
Je pense qu'il ne pleut pas maitenant. Je vais.

2 comments:

Sean said...

As a side note, the egg saleswoman returned yesterday, but like the last time she appeared, I had a sufficient quantity of eggs.

Anonymous said...

Poor egg lady.... you never did buy any eggs from her...