Monday, April 06, 2009

Phone Update

I am once again using a Nokia E66. I took mine in to be repaired as it was under warranty, but Nokia were unable to repair it, or it wasn't cost-effective to repair, so they gave me a new replacement phone instead. I still have the original battery and back cover, which is normal in this situation. I'm glad to have a new phone - another difference I've found is that the new one's keypad is a little more responsive, which is good; my old one sometimes refused to acknowledge a "press and hold" on the 7 key, which is necessary if you want to write a 7 without changing the dictionary. This came up a bit consider my uni student number contains a 7 and I needed to use it each time I signed into the uni's wifi system with the phone.

So, I'm happy with my phone again because I have a working E66. I'd still like to install a dictionary for predictive text in French though.

No comments: