Sunday, November 30, 2008

An Update

Ok, so two blogworthy events have happened in the last few days. First, I went to Parc Disneyland Paris on Friday with Nadia. Second, I went to a café/restaurant called Delaville Café with various people last night.

1. Disneyland Paris: I have been interested in visiting the Eurodisney Park for a while, and finally got around to going there on Friday. It was bloody cold, about 4 degrees, and a weekday, which helped keep the numbers down. This was a bonus for us because we survived the cold, and we were able to avoid long queues on the rides - I think 15 or maybe 20mins was the longest we had to wait for anything. The scariest ride was Space Mountain, which is a rollercoaster that shoots you up at the start, kind of like a launch, and then travels through twists and steep descents inside, in the dark, so you can't really tell what's about to happen. I think my favourite ride was the Star Wars simulator. We travelled on a shuttle to the Forest Moon of Endor, and had a few problems along the way. We didn't get to go to the second park, the Disney Studios, because we left it until the end, thinking we'd finish the main park and if we had time, pop over to the other one. Unfortunately, there wasn't enough time because the second park had closed by the time we got there. It was a little annoying, but there was really only one ride that I wanted to go on there - the tower of terror hotel thing, but from the ground, it didn't look taller than the Giant Drop at Dreamworld anyway, and I've been on that a couple of times already.

The second event: Dinner last night. The restaurant, Delaville Café, was great. The food was delicious (I had magret de canard and belle ile flottante). The decor ws impressive, and from the era called Classical Revival (if you're an architect). There are several sections to the building, with a restaurant, bar, lounge, and terrace, and the waiters are friendly (we tipped them with Starburst). I'd definitely recommend this place, and I'd like to return sometime.

No comments: