Thursday, November 20, 2008

J'ai fait du shopping

I went shopping today with Sarah because I decided that I needed to buy a new jumper. This is not an easy task in Paris as most items of clothing fall into one of two categories; outrageously expensive, or fugly*. The first jumper that I saw that was both nice and not overly expensive didn't actually exist. This is a problem because one of the main reasons one wears a jumper is because it's a bit chilly. Jumpers that don't exist don't provide much warmth. After this existential disappointment, I went to a different store where I saw two jumpers that I liked on a table under a sign that offered a discount if you bought two of them. So, I inspected the jumpers, and discovered that they both, in fact, existed, and bought them. Sarah wanted to look for a pair of shoes in a store that wasn't actually there, so we gave up on that idea and went for coffee instead.

Lunch was at a nice Japanese restaurant in an area near the border of the first and the second (though I think it was technically in the first), with Sarah and Ben, before the shopping quest.


*fucking ugly

No comments: