Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I was high with my students

Today my two students who work in the Montparnasse Tower invited me to lunch with them and two of their colleagues. The food was great and these students are friendly, as are their colleagues. After lunch they took me to the top of the tower because people who work there are given free tickets to the observation deck. The weather was fairly nice (though there was a little bit of a glare) and the view from the top of the tower is fantastic.

It's the tallest tower/building in Paris (210m) and the 9th tallest in the EU, and so you can expect the view to be impressive. I've posted the album, so you can see the photos from the day over there, on the right-hand side of this blog. The first three pictures were taken from my student's office, and then you can see a picture of my lunch, followed by the pictures taken in the tourist area (observation floor and deck).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

From that wikipedia article: "It is sometimes said, only half-jokingly, that the view from the top is the most beautiful in Paris, since it is the only place from which you cannot see the tower" - which is certainly the way I've always felt about that building...

Sean said...

I quite agree, though I've heard the same quote applied to other famous buildings too - notably the Eiffel Tower, said by the guy who was the President of France at the time of its completion.