Sunday, March 25, 2007

Questions

I am considering doing several things today, tomorrow or perhaps Tuesday that involve me giving large amounts of money to various companies.

Firstly, long haul flights. I'm probably going to be flying on a budget, long haul airline. Does anyone know of any reason why I should avoid certain budget airlines for long flights?
Specifically Tiger Air and Oasis.

Secondly, I want to buy a new laptop, which was the topic of a recent post. I don't want to buy a mac*, and I'm seriously thinking about a Dell. Dell currently have an offer on the model that I like of a free upgrade from 80GB to 120GB HDD. They also have an option to buy insurance from them that would negate the need for separate travel insurance, which lasts for 3 years, and is therefore a much better option than buying separate travel and/or other insurance for it. Are there any reasons to avoid Dell?

For both of these questions, if I go ahead with them and something goes awry, then I'll hold all readers of this blog responsible if I am not adequately warned in advance.

* I don't really know why I don't want to buy a mac. On one hand, they're the sort of computers that are bought by people who don't know how to use computers. On the other hand (you have different fingers), they also seem to be the computers that are bought by IT professionals.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hmmm, I don't know anyone who "doesn't know how to use a computer" who has a mac. Mine is great, and best of all I can use it without outlook popping up every 2 seconds :) I've heard bad things about dells before but never had one myself so do you accept hearsay evidence? On the other hand if you get insurance I guess nothing too bad can happen. Are you sure it covers against theft if you're travelling? Normally it would just cover faults in the computer. Anyway, I think I expressed all these views when you were here so do what you want :)