Tuesday, March 06, 2007

The Dentist

I went to the dentist today. I dislike the sound and sensation of the tools used. It sets my teeth on edge, so to speak. I primarily went to the dentist in the hope that it would remedy the cause of my mouth ulcers, and also because it had been a good many years (at least 9) since my last visit to a dental practitioner. I have clean teeth, but no solution to my ulcer problem as apparently my teeth aren't the cause, or at least aren't the primary cause, which is frustrating as it means I still need to find the actual cause. I was also informed of the presence of a cavity. The cavity is in one of my wisdom teeth, which the dentist thinks should be removed. The good side of this is that I won't need to get the cavity filled, but the bad side is that I may have to have my wisdom teeth removed, a process which sounds extremely painful. Having a cavity filled also sounds like it could be potentially painful. Damn teeth.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's annoying - did the dentist offer any other possible cuases for your ulcers?

Aggie said...

Did the dentist say anything about the 6 teaspoons of sugar you put in your tea? :p

Sean said...

Angie - The dentist suggested that I could be biting my tongue or cheek, either while awake (and not noticing it) or while asleep. Other than that, she didn't offer any other possible causes.

Aggie - Ha. Actually the dentist said that my teeth were in very good condition considering it had been more than nine years since the last time I saw a dentist.