Saturday, December 09, 2006

Update on mole

I went to the doctor on Thursday afternoon to have the nasty mole on my leg checked out. Apparently it's fine and not dangerous, but there's a slim possibility that it may change in the future, so I need to have it checked every 4 months or so. I was given the option of having it removed anyway, just to get rid of it. Unfortunately, the removal process involves pain, and they won't agree to a general anaesthetic for the procedure. I can still choose to have it removed, and I'm considering it because it is occasionally itchy, and as it's a mole, I shouldn't scratch it.

Since leaving the medical centre, I've taken more notice of all the other moles all over my body, of which I have an abundance, and I think if I have them all removed, there'll be nothing left. I'll look like Swiss cheese.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd recommend having it cut out anyway, even if it involves pain, so you don't have to worry about constantly having it checked, which you'll probably forget to do.