Monday, December 11, 2006

Patience

I'm usually a rather patient person. Well, I am when I'm at work, and therefore paid to be patient. I am occasionally patient in other circumstances as well, depending on the situation. It's a case by case thing. One area in which I show little to no patience is the area of electronic equipment. I get pissed off very quickly when things don't work as they should. In this area I often go from one extreme to the other*.

An example of this is my mp3 player. It never worked particularly well, having a terrible tendency to switch itself off when it wanted - while I was listening to it. I was rather patient with it, dutifully switching it back on each time it happened, even when it only stayed on for 10minutes. I lost my patience with it one day when walking home from the bus stop, after it had switched itself off 3 times on the walk up the hill. The loss of my patience manifested itself in such a way that led to the mp3 player being rendered completely unusable and in many pieces on our driveway. Hence why I need to buy a new mp3 player.

Anyway, the point of this post is to explain why my wireless router** is now on the floor under the table where it usually lives and I'm connected to the net directly rather than through the network. The router will probably still work - I've "argued" with it before because of its issues and I unfortunately haven't caused an excuse to buy a new one yet. I picked up the router by the cable connecting it to the modem, and unplugged the cable, allowing gravity to move the router to the floor. I still haven't found a reason for my router's problem, or a solution and the netgear website was next to useless. I used to think that Netgear produced good quality network items but I'm starting to think that my next router should be a Belkin. Ok, I've calmed down a bit now that I've had a bit of a rant and a vent. How was your day?


* Don't worry about your electronic equipment, I'm only like this with things that I own.
** Regular readers will remember my complaint about my router's habit of cutting off the internet connection whenever it feels like it.

1 comment:

Kat said...

Today was good. I got presents. And sang karaoke (my madonna impressions were in demand. Hell that's a scary sentence). AND I can sleep in tomorrow because as of about now, I am On Holiday! Yay!