Monday, August 08, 2011

Updates

I still need a haircut, as I haven't been to the hairdresser since I write that last post about needing to visit one.
I also need to visit a doctor to have some moles checked out, just to make sure that they're not evil ones, or to chop them off if they are. I have an appointment for that tomorrow morning.
I still haven't found the book that went missing some time ago, which is rather annoying because I would like to know where it is and I'd like to finish reading it. I need to buy more annales du disque-monde*.
Haigh's orange pastilles are delicious.
I haven't gotten around to reading a french version of dangerous liaisons that I've been lent. I wonder if it's as good as the original english. :-)
Lastly, I really need to finish writing a job application that I started ages ago and have put off quite a lot. It's a painful process.

*discworld in french.

4 comments:

nat said...

Are you able to get your hands on annales du disque-monde cheaply and easily where you are, or should I bring some with me in September? Would be a way of repaying you for couriering my shirts...

Sean said...

The only way I know of to get annales du disque-monde here is by internet ordering. If I order from FNAC's website, it's expensive for the first purchase, but each additional item only adds a small amount to the postage cost, so if I'm buying a lot, it works out ok.
Are you able to get them in Germany, or would I need to have them sent there? I'll have to check the website to see if it's much cheaper to send there than here (I'd expect it to be cheaper, but it would depend on the actual difference). Plus, books are awkward to carry back.
Or are you going to visit France at some point before returning here?

Sean said...

I've just had a look - it's 6E+2,30E for Allemange, and 20E+1,85E for reste du monde, so there would be a point where it'd be the same price to send to Aust as Alle, but I'd have to buy a lot of items to get there.
It's 32 items to be equal, 33 to make it cheaper to post to Aust. I don't think I can buy that many annales du disque-monde.
I'd probably only get 3 - poche-sized (ie, same size as the ones I've got). Would that be ok? Can you email me an address to send them to?

nat said...

Well, I won't be going to France, but I will be going to Brussels, just before I leave from Amsterdam airport... I wonder if that's cheaper. Of course, I could just go into a shop there and buy them the old fashioned way, but that might actually be more expensive! And they might not have what you want in stock. If the postage is about the same for Germany and Belgium, then I could give you my address here. Email or skype me to let me know - it's more practical than this!