Friday, August 05, 2011

Python

I'm technically now two weeks into my project. I've done nothing of note. The first week was spent gaining access to the lab and the computer on which I need to work. So far this week, I've managed to find the files that I need to work on, which required updating some software, which in turn required getting admin privileges on that computer.
Now, I've got the privileges, updated the tortoise svn software, and found the files. I got to uni this morning thinking I could spend some time testing some python code that I wanted to test last week, only to find that there are issues getting the python commands to work. I've worked out a way around this problem, though it's somewhat inconvenient, but at least I should be able to test the code.
The code isn't working, which shouldn't be too surprising except that an older version that I knew was working also now returns errors and I have no idea why.
So, I've left the computer and installed myself at the nearest coffee establishment, where I'm writing this post.

No comments: