Monday, August 08, 2011

More updates

I forgot to mention in that last post that my watch battery is still flat because I haven't had a chance to have a replacement installed. I will have to get around to it soon though, as I don't like not wearing a watch.
More news: I like my new mp3 player. I bought a new one because it was becoming increasingly difficult to read the display on my old one, which made it frustrating to read the menu, or see what was actually being selected. My new one is a creative zen x-fi2. My only complaint with it so far is that the touch screen requires more pressure than what I'm used to, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

3 comments:

Kat said...

You just bought a fancy smart phone. Why do you need an MP3 player? One of my major requirements in the new phone that I will be buying any day now is that it can download (via wifi) and play podcasts, and store and play at least a couple of gig of music. This is at least as important as being a decent camera, so that I don't have to own one of those as well. Because of this, I think some sales person is going to have to work damn hard to talk me out of Yet Another Nokia (the N8), even though I think I would prefer a 'Droid...

Sean said...

Yes, I realise this means owning another object, but I like to keep my phone and music separate. The phone's battery flattens itself quickly enough as it is without the added strain of playing mp3's (though I could cut down on emailing and playing sudoku on it to lengthen the battery life).
The samsung galaxy s phone I've got has a decent camera, although it doesn't have a flash, and I'm sure there'd either be a decent mp3 player by default, or a better one that you could easily download.

I haven't set up podcasts yet, but I might do that on my phone as it'd be easier to set up an auto-download thing on a device that connects itself regularly to the internet - I rarely connect my mp3 players unless they need charging.

nat said...

I had a big ole think about phone purchasing of late, and also concluded that the N8 is the best thing for me right now although I would prefer an Android phone.. and then I thought, the N8 is nearly a year old now, there's a strong chance someone else will bring out an equally good camera phone soon, and maybe Nokia will even improve on the N8 (which seems to have its flaws, including being a little bigger and clunkier than I would like). So I will keep what I've got (and hope it doesn't die on me) at least until April next year, by which time the perfect phone might finally exist...

Verification word: "moles". How bizarre.