Friday, December 24, 2010

Keyboard

Mogę pisać po polsku teraz z listami polskiego (i na nowym komputerze). Będę w polsce wkrótce i jestem bardzo szczęśliwy!
Hmm... I've just thrown that above sentence through google's translator to check the grammar etc and it's produced a rather interesting translation for the bit "będę w polsce". Have a go yourselves and see what you get for that. (Actually, it only seems to work if you put in the whole sentence above, not just that phrase. It does it correctly if you only put "Będę w polsce" into the translator".)

I would like to visit Greece one day, but I won't get time on this trip. I'll have to save it for a future holiday.

Je peux aussi écrire en français grace à la choix de clavier. Je pouvais, depuis longtemps, le faire sur mon autre ordi, mais je viens de changer la selection de clavier sur mon nouveau ordi. Et oui, je veux bien aller en Grèce un jour, mais je ne pourrai pas y aller cette fois.

Google chrome me demande si je veux que cette page est traduit en anglais parce que la texte est en français. Je sais que j'écris en français maintenant, mais parce que c'est moi qui l'ecrit, je pense que je peux le traduire moi-meme, mais merci chrome quand meme.

Je pars mardi! C'est bientot!

Edit:
According to google translator, "Będę w polsce wkrótce" = "I'll be in Poland soon" (which is what I thought it meant, so we're in agreement there), but "Będę w polsce wkrótce i" = "I'll be in Greece soon and". What a difference the word "and" seems to make here. I thought it was just a simple conjunction, but apparently it has geographical power as well as the power to join to ideas into one sentence. Amazing.

No comments: