Thursday, September 24, 2009

Je deteste le 170

I hate certain aspects of the Brisbane public transport system. Especially route 170, which is the route that I need to take to get from the busway to home*. It's invariably late, or delayed, or the drivers become geographically embarrassed, and I always seem to just miss one whenever I arrive at the busway. Yesterday, I got off my 139 at the busway to see the 170 still listed on the electronic signboard, but alas, it had already been past and the sign was just slow at updating itself. Knowing that this is a half-hourly bus service, I sat down and waited until the next one, expecting it to arrive in about 30mins. This didn't happen. The next 170 appeared on the sign, about 30mins later, but didn't show up. I think the driver had taken a wrong turn or something, judging by the way the passengers commented when she finally took a correct turn at a later stage. This bus finally showed up at the busway stop 26mins late. I had to wait 56 minutes at the busway for a service that runs every 30 minutes. I really don't think that's acceptable. It's no wonder people in Brisbane own cars because they can't rely on the public transport system.


* except during peak hours when I can take the 171, 178 or 176

No comments: