Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Des Nouvelles

Good news, bad news and other news:

Good news first: It snowed today in Paris! It snowed fairly heavily for about 20mins, which was nice to look at, but not enough to leave a lasting cover of snow on the ground, which was a shame. It has snowed several times this season already, and maybe people suspect that this will be a cold winter, and it might snow again. I hope the colder winter doesn't bring colder rain and colder wind, which were quite uncomfortable last winter.

Bad news: I have a cold. I know it's the cold and flu season, and I catch crowded metro trains and other forms of public transport every day, so it's not surprising that I've picked up a bug from somewhere, but it is uncomfortable and annoying and I hope it goes away soon. I've been bombarding it with vitamin C, antihistamine and paracetamol (the last two are the active ingredients in many cold and flu tablets).

Other news: It seems my 'mystery reader' from Belgium has stopped visiting my blog. Either that, or he learnt that it doesn't show up in the sitemeter statistics if you use a program like Google Reader to keep track of blogs., but I suspect the first option, as the timing is too coincidental.

No comments: