Sunday, July 22, 2007

ÇEKOSLOVAKYALILASTIRAMADIKLARIMIZDANMISINIZ

Well, I've survived my second week of teaching at Lines. I'm enjoying it here, and I think I'd really like to come back next year too. I've requested staying for the extra 2 weeks, but I'll have to wait and see if it's possible because it depends on the situation here regarding student and teacher numbers etc. Our excursion this week was to the Science Museum in London. It was huge, and I didn't get to see a lot because I was busy herding kids around, but I liked the small bits that I saw. There's a pole with big writing around its base saying "Do Not Touch" and a sign near it explaining its presence as an art installation. The idea is to ignore the "do not touch" bit and touch the middle of the pole so that the pole can give you a slight electric shock and emit a warning sound. It was cool. It doesn't zap each and every time someone touches it, and it seems to be somewhat random. I managed to get zapped a few times.
This coming week's excursion is to Madam Tussaud's. I've never been there, but I think it will be crowded, and there'll be students everywhere.

P.S.
NORDÖSTERSJÖKUSTARTILLERIFLYGSPANINGSSIMULATORANLÄGGNINGS-
MATERIELUNDERHÅLLSUPPFÖLJNINGSSYSTEMDISKUSSIONSINLÄGGSFÖR-
BEREDELSEARBETEN

3 comments:

lisbeth said...

Zapped yourself a few times eh?! Heheh.. I would have loved to have watched other people being zapped... *evil* Actually, I probably would have spent the entire day there laughing at them... hahaha. Nice blog! It's Liz by the way... :)

Kat said...

did it go 'bzzt'?

Oh, and do you have basque in your collection? Last year there were a couple of AOs from basque country. Not sure about now.

Sean said...

I'd love to have Basque in my collection, but I don't think there are any AO's from that area this year. At least none that I know of.

I tested a couple of students from Catalonia who said they were definitely "catalonian" and not "spanish".

It didn't exactly go "bzzt" :-)