Thursday, February 15, 2007

Busy as a very busy bee

I have been told that I've been neglecting my blog of late. This is indeed true. There have been a few things worthy of blogging but I've suffered from a problem some would refer to as blogging laziness. So, here's a quick run-down on what's happened in my life recently:

1. I've begun learning French again. I opted not to go through Alliance Francaise because they didn't have an appropriate course at a convenient time for me, so Kat and I found a private tutor who is giving us lessons together. The bonuses of this method are that we can have a course structured to our specific needs, we can organise the lessons around our lives and timetables and we get more attention in class.

2. I went to Sunrise Beach last weekend with Rowan and Klaus. We had a fantastic weekend, and the weather was fantastic, especially considering the forecast had predicted rain and showers all weekend. I discovered the, until last weekend, elusive location of my school's Noosa branch. It's well-placed in Noosa Junction, so very convenient for Noosa's public transport system, which is a good thing for the students, as they don't, as a rule, bring their cars over here with them.

3. I'm going to Sunrise Beach again this weekend, but this time with Liam and Alana. Part of the reason we're going up is to deliver a new futon mattress. The current mattress is a bit thin and not as comfortable as it once was.

4. Next weekend I'm off to Melbourne for a few days. I'll arrive on Friday night and then depart on the following Tuesday night.

5. I posted an application for a job in England today. If I'm successful, I'll be working in Hertfordshire, or perhaps Berkshire, which is not in the same part of England as Lizard; she's further north, in Fife. I'll be able to visit her at some stage though, which will be good.

Okay, I think that's enough for now, and enough to remind my blog that it's not neglected.

No comments: