Sunday, July 23, 2006

Some interesting links:

If only I had a bathroom in need of a shower curtain.

For Star Wars nuts: 75 things we love and hate about Star Wars. I agree with all of them.

It's been a while since my last post - over 7 days, in fact! I've been a little busy and also not in a generally blogging mood, but now I'm here, I'll fill you in on the events that have occurred since my last post:

On Friday night, I went to Rowan and Klaus' place for dinner and movies. From there, Ro, Nat and I headed to the Globe theatre to watch a double feature of Vixen! and Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill! which are both films directed by Russ Meyer. Both films were fantastic, and I recommend watching them if you can. I won't tell you what either film was about, as I'm not really too sure myself.

On Monday, I started a new job, which may or may not become long-term, or permanent. At the moment I'm on a casual, trial basis, but it seems to be going well. I'm working as an ESL teacher at an English School in the CBD (which is great for transport when one doesn't own a vehicle). The students are all foreigners, mostly Koreans, Colombians and Brazilians, as well as from other Asian and South American countries. As far as I know, there are only two Europeans, one from Hungary (near Budapest) and one from Switzerland (Geneva). I was initially hired as a substitute teacher for one week, but that week has ended and I've been asked to work this coming week as well.

1 comment:

Slartibartfast said...

Congratulations on getting the job Sean.

It is a strange paradox with all the media articles praising economic growth and low unemployment right now.

Despite this.. it's actually REALLY hard to get a job without the right experience!

Well done.