Saturday, February 11, 2006

I grew a dork

I was given one of those little rubbery figures that grows up to 600% larger if you sit it in water for a couple of days. I have the "dork", which I have decided to name "Mark" because I think Mark is a good name for a dork. Maybe it's one of those name association things.
Anyway, because I have a digital camera, I decided to document the growth of Mark:
This first photo was taken at 11:46am on the 8th of Feb. before I put Mark into the bottle of water:


The second picture was taken just a few moments later (also at 11:46am on the 8/02), immediately after Mark was dropped into the bottle:


This next image shows some evidence of growth, taken at 6:21am on the 9th of Feb. It's obvious that Mark has grown quite a bit larger, and after only roughly 18hours and 40 minutes:


And now for the final picture, taken on the 10th of February at 1:38pm. That was yesterday, and Mark has remained the same size since then, which makes sense as the packaging says that 48hours is sufficient for full growth. Unlike the previous picture, Mark can no longer lie down on the bottom of the bottle because he has outgrown it:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

just for the record, i did notice this and assume you gave it the name "mark" in reference to another "mark" that you know...

Sean said...

Umm... yeah... that's probably it, it's probably a reference to a different mark.