Monday, January 16, 2006

What can I say? I'm a health food freak.

I decided today, after the exciting task of grocery shopping, that I wanted to make use of my oven facilities and cook something. I decided that I would cook something healthy, nutritious and tasty. I looked in my pantry to see what delightful option I had available (note: I decided to cook AFTER grocery shopping, rather then the reverse, far more sensible, order of events). I spied, with my little eye, upon the shelf, a box of cocoa. Of course! I would make a chocolate cake. It smells great. I think someone should invent incense that smells of fresh chocolate cake rather than the other silly flavours on the market. It also looks good too. See for yourselves:




For those who would like to emulate this masterpiece at home, here's the recipe:

Ingredients:
180g butter
3/4 cup of castor sugar (cukier puder)
3 eggs
1 cup of self-raising flour (or 1 cup of plain flour, half a teaspoon of salt and half a tablespoon of baking powder)
1/2 cup of plain flour
1/3 cup of cocoa
1/2 cup of milk

Method:
Melt the butter in a saucepan. Mix everything else together. Add the melted butter. Bake in a cake tin in an oven at 180 degrees for somewhere between 50 minutes and an hour.

*Note: I actually use 200g of butter, and I think it makes a nice improvement. The main reason for this, originally, is that butter is sold in 200g packets and I don't have a set of kitchen scales here. It might seem like a lot of butter, but it's not really. It's much less than 500g of butter, for example.

No comments: