Saturday, January 28, 2006

Będę lecieć do Paryża. Kupiłem bilet.

I have just purchased a ticket that will allow me to fly (with the help of an aeroplane) to Paris. I decided, after my recent experience with flights to and from Rome, that I would fly with Skyeurope rather than W!zzair. There are two reasons for this; the first is that Skyeurope flies from Kraków-Balice, while W!zzair uses Katowice-Pyrzowice and Balice is much easier to get to because of Skyeurope's shuttlebus service; the second reason is that Skyeurope issues seat allocations, whereas W!zzair have a 'first on' arrangement of seating, which in my opinion makes Skyeurope a far more civilised airline.

Onto the flight details, for those who are interested:
I will leave Gliwice on the SkyShuttle at 09:35 on the 2nd of March, arriving at the Kraków-Balice airport at 11:05. The flight leaves this airport at 12:30 and arrives at Paris Orly Sud airport at 14:50, also on the 2nd of March.

Booking this flight is something I've put off for about a week now, as the act of purchasing the ticket seems like putting such a final stamp on my stay in Poland, which I guess, it is. It serves to remind me that I will soon (within 4 weeks) have to complete the daunting task of sorting through my belongings and packing up my life here to return to an uncertain future in Australia (ok, not really, I just wanted to write that last part to be a bit melodramatic).

I can't wait to visit France, and people in France (ie. Julien, Amelie and Thomas). I'm also looking forward to returning to Australia to see my dog again. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

and maybe you might be looking forward to coming back to australia to see your friends again??

Sean said...

hehe... I thought that last comment would get a reaction :-)