Wednesday, November 23, 2005

An Update

Well, at the ungodly hour of 3:30am, Mum and I left my apartment in a taxi to travel to the airport at Pyrzowice (the closest airport to Katowice). Her flight left at 6:10am and that meant we needed to be at the airport by about 5am (ish). It takes between 1 hour and 1.5 hours to get there, depending on road conditions and traffic. It also costs 150zł in a taxi, which is approximately AU$60. I decided to brave the public transport system for my return journey, as I didn't want to pay that amount again, so I caught a bus to Katowice and a train from there to Gliwice. Mum flew to Frankfurt and arrived there before I got back to Gliwice. As a result, I'm quite tired tonight.

Last weekend was spent in Kraków. We had a good time there and saw most of the main tourist attractions like Wawel hill & castle, the Rynek, and the salt mine at Wieliczka. We were also quite lucky that it began snowing earlier this year than last, so Kraków was covered in a beautiful white powdery snow for our last morning there. I have many photos, some of which I'll post in coming days/weeks.

1 comment:

Aggie said...

When we were leaving NZ last week, we had to wake up at 1:30 am after going to sleep at midnight, and then drive from Rotorua to Aukland to get to the airport by 5am. For the record, Timo does not stop talking, even at 3 oclock in the morning.