Wednesday, November 16, 2005

I roamed around Rome

Rome was fantastic, and the weather was brilliant. I love the Trevi Fountain, and I could have admired it for hours. Being the devout Catholic that I am, I visited the Vatican, and saw the Basilica, which was beautiful (shame all that artistic talent was used on religious works) and climbed the 349 steps to the top of the dome, giving me (and a zillion other tourists) a fantastic view over Rome. I didn't get to see the ceiling in the Sistine Chapel, which was a bit disappointing, because we didn't find out that it closes at 12:30pm on Saturdays until about 4pm, and it's closed all day Sunday.

On a frustrating note, I think I may have brought back a bit of a cold as an unwanted souvenir of the city. My nose is runnier than something very runny and I have a cough that an emphysema sufferer would be proud of. Yeah, there it goes again... hack up that lung (what a shame I can't record the sound for you to download). A word of advice for Poland: Aloe vera tissues are a great invention and quite useful at times like these.

No comments: