Thursday, September 09, 2010

Coffee

I didn't have coffee yesterday, and I was undecided this morning until I remembered that I was up to a free cup.
I ordered a latte and as usual, it has the expected amount of froth on top.
Today's coffee came with a free side order of banter with the barista, probably because I was alone and she wasn't very busy. I believe it was prompted by the free cup, and that things taste better when they're free. She added that they can also be free if they're stolen, but wasn't advocating theft from the coffee cart, of course, which I pointed out would be difficult as you have to pay before the coffee's made. I also learnt that her busiest day at uni is Thursday because she starts at 7am and doesn't finish until 6pm, though she is paid for part of that time.
Do other people converse with baristas?

No comments: