Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Game

There's a football game on tonight, the first of a trilogy. It happens annually, every year. It seems to be regarded as an important event by people from Queensland and New South Wales and essentially ignored by everyone else. Even though I'm from one of those states, I have an amazing amount of apathy for the outcome.
I can overhear the commentators and I really think the only way to listen to them without your brain turning to mush is the press the 'mute' button.
I have never been able to understand how people manage to get so excited about watching a bunch of guys run around grabbing each other.
On a similar note, why do people feel that yelling at the television in any way alters the outcome of the game? Really, the players can't hear you, and even if they could, I doubt hearing advice like 'run run!' would actually make the player think 'oh, good idea, thank, I'd never have thought of that.' while already running towards the magic piece of grass at the end of the paddock.

No comments: