Monday, October 15, 2007

Regular updates?

Well, I suppose once a month is regular enough to be classes as regular, but hopefully I'll remember to make things a bit more frequent.

Well, I'm in my apartment now, I have the internet connected, and digital, cable television (it's the same price to get a subscription to the internet as it is to get internet and television, so I have television). I haven't finished setting up the television thing yet, I need a customer code and password etc, which I can't seem to find, so I may need to return to the shop to acquire a new one, but it seems to be fine aside from that. Since connecting the internet, I've added a few electronic devices to my apartment, and so I'm fast running out of power points. I fortunately have a 4-point adapter.

In other news, I went to a pub on Friday night after work with a few other teachers from the school that I work for. It was a nice evening, though I really appreciate Australia's laws regarding smoking in pubs. I found it hard to breathe by the end of the night and had a minor headache. I've been told that new smoking laws similar to those in Australia will be in effect as of January, so I'm actually looking forward to that. It'd be nice to go to a pub without coming home wearing clothes that smell as though they've been infused with stale cigarette smoke. Lovely. Well, possibly because I was tired, or because I had a slight headache, or because I was looking forward to being able to breathe some oxygen again, I left the pub and managed to forget to pick up my backpack on my way out. Bugger. So, I hope that a staff member or honest customer found my bag and handed it in to the management there, as I'd like to be reacquainted with my backpack, and with the objects residing inside it. I returned to the pub this afternoon, only to find that it was closed. Of course; it's Sunday and everything's closed on Sundays.

J'espère que j'aie de la chance parce que j'utilise mon sac toutes les journées pour le travail.
Aussi, je commencerai à suivre un cours français bientôt à l'école où je travail.

No comments: