Sunday, October 29, 2006

Some random ramblings

I've been asked to add things to this blog to provide some reading material, even if the items are not necessarily worth reading, so here goes:

Today I went to the movies with Mark (z Markiem) to see a film called The Departed. It was okay, and there were interesting ideas and moments, but on the whole I think it was a bit longer than it needed to be and the ending was a bit strange. We chose this film because there isn't a lot on at the moment and I wanted to go to BCC to use some free vouchers that I've had for ages and that expire soon.

Last night I went to the Brisbane Jazz Club with Angie, Michael and Kristine because the son of Kristine's flute teacher is in a band and they were playing. I like the building because it's on a slight lean due to some past foundation problems. The band that we listened to were good, but a bit on the progressive side for my liking.

On Friday night I went to a restaurant called Aqua Linea, which is on the river at Teneriffe. The reason for this outing was to celebrate Rowan's birthday and to use a voucher for this venue. The food was fantastic, though with their price tags, one would expect it to be.

Edit: for some reason blogger is refusing to publish my blog, so this post may or may not appear. If it doesn't appear, don't read it.

No comments: