Thursday, March 02, 2006

My last night in Gliwice

Ok, it's now 5:34pm on my last night in Gliwice. Assuming all goes according to plan, by this time tomorrow I'll be in Paris with Jul.

I went shopping today and bought a jam doughnut, two bottles of żubrówka, a pastry thing with jam, and 2445euros. The euros were the most expensive purchase. Also, the 100euro notes are quite large, larger, I think, than necessary, and it was hard to get them into my money pouch, especially because there were 24 of them. I now have one in my wallet, and it barely fits. Really, there's no need to make money inconveniently large.

I have almost finished packing. It seems like there are always many more things to cram into my suitcase. When I left Australia, my suitcase had a lot of spare room in it; enough to fit in my laptop when we were travelling around Eastern Europe. Unfortunately, now I don't think I could even think about trying to squash my laptop in there. I know I have some more clothes, but not many, and I can't think of much else that I have now that I didn't have then, so I don't what the cause of the lack of space is. This isn't worrying in itself except that when I left Australia with my roomy suitcase, it weighed 20.5kg, which is a pretty good weight when the airline imposes a limit of 20kg. Now I'm worried that my luggage is going to weight something astronomical like 30kg or more. I really hope it's not that much, and that if I am significantly over, that the check-in person is kind and forgiving as according to SkyEurope's website, the excess charge is 5euro per kg. 10kg extra would be painful for my wallet.

Well, this is probably going to be my last post from Gliwice as I want to pack my computer soon. The next post will come to you live from either France or Australia. Ciao for now.

No comments: