Saturday, December 31, 2005

Śnieg padał i padał i padał & Szczęśliwego Nowego Roku

It snowed almost constantly for several days, and the end result is SNOW. Lots and lots of snow. I went for a walk yesterday and passed many parked cars that looked as though they'd need to be dug out before anyone could drive them anywhere, and others that you'd have to move a lot of snow just to find out which car is hiding underneath.

This car was actually driven early yesterday morning, and this is the result of just one day's worth of snow, so you can imagine what it would look like if the car hadn't been used for a few days.

It looks quite nice, and it's fun to walk in - so soft and fluffy. I walked outside my building and my boots and lower legs disappeared into the snow :) which was fun until I realised that some naughty snow had found its way into my boots and from there proceeded to freeze my feet.
There's definitely plenty of snow available, and it does have a high novelty value for me, but the downside is that it is now really dangerous to try to drive anywhere, and I've been told that the trains are probably going to be later than usual, so it's probably a good thing that I don't have any major travel planned for this weekend.

It also happens to be the 31st of December today which means that tomorrow won't be. In fact, there's a strong suggestion that tomorrow could be the 1st of January 2006. So Happy New Year to all! If you've travelled to New South Wales, Victoria, Tasmania or any other places to the east of Australia, you would already be in the new year at the time of my writing of this post. If you're in Queensland, then you have about 20 minutes left before the new year kicks in. Because I'm in a later part of the world, I still have 9 hours and 20 minutes until the new year makes its way around to me.
So, I wish you all good luck for all your endeavours in the coming arbitrarily designated 12 month period.
:-)
ciao

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

can you make a snow angel and take a photo for me?? or, better still some calvin (from calvin and hobbs) style snowmen?

Sylwia said...

I also wish you HAppy NEw Year!!!