Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Bumar-Łabędy

I had to get out of bed at ridiculous o'clock this morning (6:30am) in order to be ready in time to go to a company called Bumar Łabędy to conduct placement tests for new students who I'll be teaching from either next week or the week after. Unfortunately, these people are crazy and I'll have to start work at the ungodly hour of 7am, which means getting up at an even stupider time than this morning. I'll be teaching them business English along with English for specific needs, which in this case is military jargon because the company manufactures tanks, and there are pictures of tanks every where inside the front gate. The students amused me because many of them were incredibly nervous because of this morning's "test" which really amounts to nothing except ascertaining their abilities in order to separate them into appropriate class groups. One guy was visibly shaking during the oral component. Unless he was actually completely relaxed and just suffers from Parkinson's disease, which is a possibility.

Travel to Bumar-Łabędy requires the use of a car, so I'll definitely be using my international drivers' licence while I'm here. Hopefully I'll remember to stay on the right side of the road. The school, Opelac, has purchased an Opel Vectra (Holden Vectra in Australia) for this purpose.

No comments: